|Position||Associate Professor in PPC position: «Renewable Energy and Management of Energy Sources»|
|Address||University of Western Macedonia
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Bakola and Sialvera Street
|Contact Data||Τηλ: +30 24610 56623
|Laboratory||Laboratory Unit of Renewable Energy Sources|
Manolis Souliotis is Ass. Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Western Macedonia, Greece since 2013. In 1996 he received his bachelor in Physics from the University of Patras, in 1999 his Master degree and in 2003 his PhD from the University of Patras, Greece. For more than 15 years he is actively involved in research in the area of Renewable Energy. In particular, he is involved in Solar Energy (Photovoltaics, solar thermal water heaters, hybrid photovoltaics/ thermal systems, concentrated solar systems, heat storage, etc). He has 29 papers in international scientific journals. He is member of the editorial board in Renewable Energy in the subject of Thermal Technology and reviewer in over 19 international journals.
|Selected, Recent Publications||
1. M. Souliotis, P. Quinlan, Y. Tripanagnostopoulos, M. Smyth, A. Zacharopoulos, M. Ramirez, P. Yianoulis. “Heat retaining integrated collector storage system with asymmetric CPC reflector”. Solar Energy, Volume 85, Issue 10, pp. 2474-2487, (2011).
2. M. Souliotis, D. Chemisana, Y. G. Caouris, Y. Tripanagnostopoulos. “Experimental study of integrated collector storage solar water heaters”. Renewable Energy, Volume 50, February 2013, pp. 1083–1094, (2013).
3. D. Chemisana, J. Barrau, J. I. Rosell, B. Abdel-Mesih, M. Souliotis, F. Badia. “Optical performance of solar reflective concentrators: A simple method for optical assessment”. Renewable Energy, Volume 57, September 2013, pp. 120–129, (2013).
4. Y. G. Caouris, M. Souliotis. “Examination of top and bottom inlet position in horizontal mantle heat exchanger solar thermosiphonic circuits”. International Journal of Sustainable Energy, Volume 32, Issue 5, pp. 421-433, (2013).
5. M. Souliotis, R. Singh, S. Papaefthimiou, I. J. Lazarus, K. Andriosopoulos. “Integrated Collector Storage Solar Water Heaters: Survey and Recent developments”. Energy Systems, Volume 7, Issue 1, pp. 49-72, (2016).
6. S. Papaefthimiou, M. Souliotis, K. Andiosopoulos. “Grid parity of solar energy: imminent fact or future’s fiction?” Accepted for publication in The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE), (2015).
7. R. Singh, I.J. Lazarus, M. Souliotis. “Recent developments in integrated collector storage (ICS) solar water heaters: A review”. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 54, pp. 270–298, (2016).